Sixty-nining is a… controversial position. People either love it or hate it, but mostly, they hate it. Either way, you're usually not going to get all tangled up in a 69 if you're ambivalent about it. So while it has its fair share of vocal detractors, people who love it… well, they really love it.
1. It's multitasking. He gets to go down on you while you go down on him. In this world, you'd like to believe that if you give, you'll receive, but sometimes people aren't always that thoughtful. With sixty-nining, there's no waiting for his turn. No giving you your time and hoping you'll return the favor. It's just smart, efficient foreplay.
2. It's hot to hear you moan while going down on him. Unless you're an incredibly enthusiastic blowjob-giver, this isn't a noise he gets to hear often. And rest assured, it's a super sexy noise.
3. He's up close and personal with some very personal areas. This is where sixty-nining gets so divisive. But if he's into sixty-nining, he's really into the view.
4. It checks off a few different fetishes at once. There's oral, there's some facesitting, maybe even some light domination in there in terms of having your thighs wrapped around his head. For the right person, it gets a lot right.
5. He's in a more comfortable spot while going down on you. This one is huge. If he's lying on a bed going to town on your lower bits, it can hurt his neck, it can be tough to tuck his erection anywhere, and a whole host of other issues. But when sixty-nining, all that goes out the window.
6. You're all up against him while going down on him. In terms of oral, that's incredibly unique, and incredibly intimate.
7. It's way less boring that standard oral. No matter how much you like giving, it can sometimes get a little tedious. Tandem oral like this negates that issue entirely.
8. It's great if you aren't going to have (penetrative) sex. Sixty-nining stands on its own. If you're not going to have sex, it's a great way to finish each other off close together, as opposed to leaving one person satisfied and then having to flip and have them return the favor.
9. There's less to worry about than with solo oral sex. No wondering if you want his hands playing with your nipples or not. No thinking maybe he shouldn't shut his eyes so you think he's sleeping while you're going down on him. There are less factors to worry about.
10. It flips the whole thing upside down. We're talking totally different angles here. You're both approaching each other's genitals from the opposite direction. It flips the whole game on its head. What isn't there to like about that?
Follow Frank on Twitter.