We've all been there- Growing up with a bunch of boys who were, at first, shorter and hence easy to thrash, and who later grew into hairy giants, in what seems like a week's time- The ones you've known since the time they started clipping their moustache and were deeply embarrassed by their newly acquired baritones, maybe from even before that- Some of them stayed on in the country, while others moved out to study abroad, and maybe work- And then, suddenly, when they came back home, it felt different.
The guys who had never stepped out of homeland were, well, their sweet selves but suddenly, somehow, the dudes who had fended for themselves, lived on their own, learnt the ways of the world, began to seem…well…special- More gracious- More grown-up- Maybe it's just learning the ways of the world, or maybe it's acquiring the best of many worlds- Either way, we thought we'd give the ones who stayed at home the advantage of our international experience, and what they can learn from guys across the world, without ever leaving town! There went mass mail to editors of Cosmo around the world, and here's what we came up with!
- Our men appreciate our women! The Finnish woman is very emancipated, and men treat her as an equal, both at home and at work- We share our income as well as our household work- and responsibility for the children, when that time comes-
- A Finnish man is generally straightforward- He is not the romantic Latin lover with a fiery temperament and lots of pretty words, but when he mutters out something semi-sweet (about once a year!) you know that he really means it! - Johanna Falck
- Swedish men are probably the most liberated as far as gender is concerned- They will gladly cook dinner for a hardworking woman and take their paternity leave when we have kids-
- They're not that macho and don't feel the need to prove themselves all the time- They gladly let us make the decisions in the relationship-
- Swedish men are open-minded- For instance, if a girl's had many sex partners, they won't judge her- All in all, they are very secure in their masculinity- - Maja Persson
- We love Malaysian men because they're okay when we tell them: "What's yours is 'ours', what's mine is mine!" They don't mind when we're on the driving seat, or when we take the lead while dancing-
- The best thing about Malaysian men is that they're willing to hold our bags and wait for us patiently while we shop! They even hold are shopping bags and wait for us outside the trial rooms- - Izza Safinaz Ibrahim
- Our men are not stubborn and easily compromise in relationships- Moreover, they respect their partner's decisions-
- Don't be surprised to see a Brazilian dude flipping through a Cosmo with his girlfriend! - Christina Cardoso
- Czech guys play a lot of sports in order
hundreds of kilometres or undergo terrible
tortures in gyms-
- Czech men always know how to fix things and if not, they know someone who it's - Sabrina Karasova
- Their driving skills are second to none! - Iris Lin
SEX & THE KITCHEN
- Our men are very emancipated in bed- So for a Dutch man it is common and necessary that a woman enjoys herself in bed- He wants to please his bed-partner and will always try to give her an orgasm-
- They help women manage her home- Dutch men (even the young ones!) can wash, cook, iron, and change diapers! - Claudia Straatmans
Most of them are really generous- They enjoy showing a woman a good time, especially when they are in love- This does not only concern money, but also their admiration towards the woman they are interested in- They like complimenting us time to time- They notice even the small details in our clothing and accessories-
- Greek men are good lovers- They are genuinely interested in pleasing you and usually, practice makes them perfect - Furthermore, they are really honest as well as straightforward with their partners. Nothing remains a secret for very long with a Greek man. - Nassia Bitha
- They help around the house, such as cooking and cleaning, after getting married. As husband and wife both work in a family, here it is very natural for Chinese men to share chores.
- They are generally serious about relationships (though conservative sometimes). They don't refrain from talking about the future and plan realistically. They feel responsible to look after their women. - Jane Wang
- Spanish men are always flattering their partners (and other women too, but that's a different thing). We appreciate when they say something like "I love your skirt" or "you look so cute with that hairdo".
- They love their families and friends to death. They are very loyal to their gangs (mother, father, children, wife, boyfriends, soccer team...) and very supportive too. - Chus
- French men give the appearance of being strong and confident, even macho at times, but underneath it all they are very sensitive. A little like those fruits called Barbary Figs, full of thorns, hard to grab, but when you open them up, they're all soft and tender inside.
- They have a great sense of moral values and commitment. Thus, they are very loyal friends and quite capable of having platonic relationships with women. Talking about love, they also are 'true believers' and great romantics at heart.
- And above all, French men are handsome? They know how to turn their physical defects into assets. Balding? They shave like Zidane! - Sylvie Overnoy
- We think it's great how they're so interested in finding out more they really want to know how feel, and why we act in certain are different from theirs.
- They're reliable and loyal.once they're in a relationship, they really question their love for the they are with, they just know it's They show their affection in words, much more in deeds. - Ischta Lehmann
- Bulgarian men can be masculine and sensitive at the same time.they protect their 'princess' and are gentle with her. such a breathtaking combination.
- They're practical and decisive. We've had a difficult history and knowing what you want and how to get it has become an essential national trait. When applied to relationships it has a very positive effect. - Ani Mladenova
- The ethnical mix results in very goodlooking and sexy guys. They have amazing eyes and hair! They're just born like that...
- Argentina has received immigration from Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia, France, Syria, Lebanon, etc. And that mixture with the native population gave wonderful results! Argentinean men are Italian lovers that speak Spanish, love beer, play great soccer and are elegant, romantic, jealous and possessive.
- They know what you want to hear, and they'll give the best compliments (piropos, in Spanish) while they are looking you straight in the eye. They think they are the best and act like that. Liars? A little bit. Sexy? Sure! - Maria Jose Grillo
- The Serbian man is the typical alpha male. He enjoys seducing you, but is very protective. One thing's for sure, he'll treat you like a princess!
- He's smooth, he's suave, he's comfortable in his own skin and has an attitude that shows it. When you baby-talk to him, he'll know just how to talk back! .Marijana Zivadinovic Latin America
- Latin men are very courteous and protective about their women, whether she is his partner, a member of his family or even a friend. This makes us feel very special of course, for who doesn't like to be treated well?
- On a physical level, Latin men worry about their appearance, they exercise to keep in shape, and they love to dress well and use perfume.
- As far as their sexual projection is concerned, they are very intense, very sensual, and they will aim to please their girl in every possible way.
- Culturally, our men are known around the world as excellent dancers. It's almost like they're all born with rhythm (an ability they also exhibit in bed) and music. They like the arts in general: Going to the theatre, movies, concerts, art exhibits, festivals, etc. Ah, and they also have a great sense of humour. Almost perfect! - Rita Cedeno
- The greatest thing about Israeli men is that they are gentlemen enough to pay for us on the first date, but they understand that we girls need to feel independent and strong, so they let us pay on the second or third date.
- Sadly, Israeli men are extremely hairy and they know it! But they're 'thoughtful' enough to go through laser reduction and waxing to clean themselves up! And thank God for that!
- Our men are very forward and usually let us know very quickly that they like you. - Tali Gottlieb
- Hungarian men are intelligent (of course not all of them, but mostly), so they can impress girls with their brain. They are open-minded and there's always something interesting to talk about with them.
- They are aesthetic .they know how to dress right and how to look their best. They enjoy sampling different cuisines, so it's easy to impress a guy if you can cook for him. They also have good taste in wines, but this is an obvious local feature, because Hungarian wines are very famous. - Julia Lami
CONTRIBUTED BY THE COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE CENTRES ACROSS THE WORLD.
Alright, so you were genuinely born with two left feet and you can't rhyme 'bat' with 'rat'; dudes, at least shed these bad habits, and we'll live...
If you could just realise that people in the rest of the world don't have the luxury of maids/servants/helpers to do their 'dirty' work- cooking, laundry, dishes-so they do it themselves! We're not saying sweep the floors, but folding your clothes or splitting the kitchen work would be a great start.
...doesn't mean chauvinism. It means holding the door for us, or asking us if we need help with a shopping trolley, offering to walk us home, or bring us flowers. Who gave you the idea that chivalry is dead? Go watch Kate & Leopold for reference.
Sex is not a big deal... and neither are girls! We've all faced those vultures who think 'looking-updown' is equal to 'stripping'. Try doing the same in another country and they'll put you in jail! There's no harm in a glance, we do it too, but an X-Ray-scopy, c'mon guys, let loose.
It's a matter of great pride when you boast about your contacts in the transport department and that you never had to go through a driving test! It shows when you blow the horn at red lights or when you swear at every other man on the road or when you think a waving hand is equivalent to an indicator. Another thing you could say once in a while is, "So who's driving and who's drinking?" Read 'responsibility'.
Don't freak out around gay friends and don't make stray comments about other religions. We respect guys who are non-fussy, non-bitchy, and who are not insecure about their 'manlihood'.
Tolerance, whether religious or cultural, is one of the main traits that give away your nature. It also tells us that you won't hit the roof when we have a difference in opinion, and that you'll be willing to compromise.