Lashlift is Currently Ruling All the Beauty Pages on Instagram, Here's Everything You Need to Know About it
We're sure you've heard a lot about it on social media by now, let us tell you how it's done, what it costs and all the other deets.
Thinking of upping your eyelash game this year? After lash extensions and false eyelashes comes the supercool 'lash lift' treatment, a semi-permanent process that curls your eyelashes up in a way that you can ditch the eyelash curler for good.
So, how exactly is a lash lift done? Lash lifts, unlike lash extensions (which involve adding false inserts to the lash line to create fullness) are all about enhancing what a person already has. They’re essentially like a perm for your lashes, setting them in a lifted and curled state. But, unlike the harsh formulas that were once used to perm the hair on our heads, the treatment for lash lifts is gentler and way safer than methods that were used in the 80's. The process, which is painless and quick, seems to be gaining tons of popularity, especially amongst celebs. Check out this before and after image of how this procedure did a wingardium leviosa for the eyelashes: Pretty cool, right? How exactly is a lash lift done? How much does it cost, and how long will it last me? A lash list can cost anything from Rs.5000 to Rs10000, depending on where you are getting it done from, so it's definitely not cheap. It can last anywhere from 6-10 weeks, depending on a person's lash growth cycle. It's pretty easy to maintain though, after the first day you can wear mascara, rub your eyes and do just about anything you feel like. Can anything go wrong? Lash lifts are pretty safe.There’s always a chance of an allergic reaction, as with any treatment involving a chemical solution, but according to experts, lash lifts are “generally tolerated by anyone, and any adverse effects are very, very rare.” It's not recommended for people who's eyes are generally sensitive or who have undergone any treatment or laser eye surgery, so do consult the technician at the salon and clear all your doubts before you get it done. Other than that, if you are ready to spend the moolah, a lash lift can add plenty of oomph to your peepers ladies. Oh, and don't forget to enjoy batting your eyelids, Disney princess style after you get one!
- Before starting the actual process, the eye area and lashes should be free of makeup and oil. The technician then applies a silicone mould or shield onto the eyelid using a non-toxic glue, which is the only thing that touches the skin.
- With the silicone mould on the eyelid, the technician then curls the lashes using the glue over the mould, which is curved upward and outward to create a curl.
- This service is done mostly to the upper lashes, and can take as little as five minutes.
- Once the solution is removed, an oil or conditioning solution is often applied to the lashes.
- When it's done, all you have to do is avoid getting it wet for 24 hours and make sure you don't sleep on it too roughly on the first day.