10 DIY Face Masks For Flawless Skin During Lockdown
It's time to get those kitchen ingredients all prepped gurl!
"Oh nobody is looking at me at home." Yes, we know you're about to make this excuse, however, it doesn't make the cut. Feel free to lounge around in your pj's all day and make it to your zoom meetings with (un)washed, unkempt hair; but when it comes to skincare DON'T compromise. With all this extra time on your hands, why not go that extra mile for the benefit of your skin?
To give you a little nudge and get you going, we got 4 celebrity dermatologists to share their DIY face mask secrets that require no more than your everyday kitchen ingredients. So get ready to mask on!
1. "There's nothing better than using the benefits of AHA's for glowing skin! Get 1/2 a cup of buttermilk, 1/4 plum or 4-6 crushed grapes, 1/4 crushed tomato and a little honey for moisturisation ready. Mix it all together and apply for 3-10 minutes on the face. Follow this routine once a week, and don’t skip on the sunscreen afterwards. Trust me, you will definitely get the desired results." - Dr Kiran Lohia, Isya Aesthetics
2. “Take 2 tablespoons of oats and mix it with a teaspoon of honey and yogurt each. Moisturisation and exfoliation for the win!” - Dr Jaishree Sharad, Celebrity Cosmetic Dermatologist
3. "All you ever need is some tomato and potato. Application of tomato and potato peels on your face does a great job of getting rid of unwanted tan, and also helps your skin look all things flawless and radiant!” - Dr Simal Soin, Founder Aayna Clinic
4. "Let's get a little bit of cleansing and exfoliation going. A teaspoon of coffee and crushed jiggery (gur) powder, with a few drops of water does the work. Also enriched with ingredients having lightening properties, one can use this mixture not only on their face, but on their knees and elbows as well!” – Dr Jaishree Sharad, Celebrity Cosmetic Dermatologist
5. "If you are looking to achieve a natural, flawless glow, ingredients like sugar powder, honey, turmeric and yogurt work extremely well. Create a mask composed of raw milk and ingredients like honey and turmeric to hydrate and cleanse the face thoroughly." - Dr Rinky Kapoor, Cosmetic Dermatologist
6. “Suffering from pigmentation of the skin? Go for an at-home natural glycolic peel! Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with honey or glycerin to make a semi-solid paste. Apply this composition for 3-5 minutes and then wash off.” – Dr Kiran Lohia, Isya Aesthetics
7. “An egg-white mask is the perfect way to tighten the skin around your eyes and lift the eyelid skin. The proteins present in the egg-white hydrate and tighten the skin immediately. Apply a layer of egg-white around your eyes, let it dry and do its magic!” - Dr Rinky Kapoor, Cosmetic Dermatologist
8. “If you experience excess dry skin, you must ensure that you receive the benefits of omega fatty acids, essential fats, Vitamins and minerals. Mix soaked chia seeds in yogurt, or use 1/2 a mashed avocado, 1/2 a mashed banana, and add 1 tablespoon of grapeseed or almond oil. Apply this mixture on the face and wash soon after.” - Dr Kiran Lohia, Isya Aesthetics
9. “Well, sometimes you don’t need to make use of any ingredients at all! Place a small-sized wet hand towel in the freezer for a while. Exfoliate your skin gently; apply moisturizer, followed by steam. Wash your face with room temperature water, after which immediately place the chilled towel on the face. By practicing this for roughly two weeks, you will soon notice a tightening of pores. In case you choose to skip exfoliation and steaming, you can apply the cold towel on a daily basis too!” - Dr Rinky Kapoor, Cosmetic Dermatologist
10. “Rose water for the oily skin type is just ideal. Make a face pack consisting of banana, milk, avocado paste, and a few drops of rose water. This helps achieve facial glow and rejuvenation, and rose water prevents oiliness.” - Dr Rinky Kapoor, Cosmetic Dermatologist