There are two kinds of people in this world, those who believe in soulmates and those who think it's gobbledegook. A Google search of terms such as 'twin flames' or 'mirror souls' will yield countless stories, theories and testimonials telling you how “When a soul is created, it is split into two parts, mirrors of each other, constantly yearning to reconnect", there is that one person out there you have a deep, karmic connection with.
Contrary to what the rom-com will have you believe, a soulmate isn't necessary a lover or a romantic partner. Many people define it to be someone you can connect instantly and deeply with, who pushes you to grow and become the best version of yourself.
So, does this instant, electrical connection exist? For Cosmo reader Candace, it most certainly did. " Nearly 11 years ago, I walked past my now-husband in one of the hallways in our high school and was drawn to his eyes", she shares. "They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and that's exactly the case here. His eyes were just a sample of his incredible qualities, both inside and out. His eyes captivated me in the high school hallway, and I wanted to know him from that moment. We have been together since that time and have been married for three years." ( courtesy www. cosmopolitan.com).
Whether or not you consider the concept of soulmates to be real, there are times that the connection you feel with someone is uncanny. Does that mean that you have met your one soulmate amongst the 7 billion people in this world? Here are 10 signs that indicate you could.
1. Instant Recognition and Intense Attraction: You are drawn to this person at once. You connect with a glance, or just a few words.
2. Intense Emotions: Everything you feel—both good and bad— will be notably stronger.
3. You Feel Comfortable Early in the Relationship: You feel like you can bare your soul with this one. There is very little judgement and zero pretense.
4. You Feel it in Your Gut: Sometimes you just can't put logic to it, if you know, you know. It could be butterflies in your stomach, or just a strong feeling of excitement or a sense of being on a high.
5. Your Values are Aligned: You belive in the same things, and agree on major life values.
6. You Love Them at Their Worst: You stick by them through thick and thin, it doesn't matter if they their entire life is falling apart, you will stand steadfastly by their side.
7. You Can Feel Each Other's Pain: If they hurt you hurt, you really, truly care about their feelings.
8. You Talk for Hours and Enjoy Comfortable Silences: You never run out of things to talk about, but when you feel the need, you can enjoy each other's company in content silence.
9. They Inspire You to Be the Best Version of Yourself: This relationship will always lift you up and help you grow.
10 Your Relationship Might be Rocky at Times, But it Helps You Grow: Even if you hit a rough patch in your friendship or relationship, you always bounce back stronger than ever without any hard feelings or regrets.