Every woman has wondered what the male orgasm feels like at one point or another. When you have different sex organs, you can’t help but wonder or feel at least a little curious about what their experience is like. Here, 20 guys try to describe the feeling of a male orgasm as best they can:
1.“It feels like popping a really big zit except the zit is your penis and the pus is ejaculate. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s still the same.” —Michael, 24
2. “It feels like that moment in between falling asleep and waking up. Total escapism.” —Paul, 23
3. “It’s like the most satisfying experience of being invincible and relieved at the same time. It lasts only a few fleeting moments before you come back down to earth.” —Alex, 24
4. “It's almost like the feeling of being tickled while you have to pee, but in a good way.” —David*,28
5. “It feels different depending on what it’s inside and how much buildup there is. Orgasming in something warm and wet (like a mouth or vagina) feels like arriving home after a long trip and collapsing into my bed–intensely relieving, pleasurable, and a little tiring but in a good way. Orgasming in my hand with little foreplay and no lube feels satisfying, but not particularly pleasurable, like the end of a workday or Netflix show. The constants: the spasming, the mess, and the immediate search for tissues.” —Matthew, 28
6. "On a physical level, it feels like your whole groin area is tensing up. It's like getting a cramp, but in a good way. Like, your dick is having a spasm, but it feels great. It's really hard to explain." —Tom, 24
7. "Like peeing, on molly." —Greg, 23
8. "It's exactly like your first sip of coffee in the morning, when, for a split second, the burden of knowing you're going to die is gone." —Jim, 30
9. "It's like your penis takes over your brain for a few seconds. Like everything goes numb, except for this amazing sensation in your penis. You can't focus or feel anything else. You might as well not even exist. You're just this good feeling, and then it goes back to normal and you're like, 'Dammit.'" —Shawn, 22
10. "Imagine a tube of toothpaste that's almost empty and someone rolls it up and squeezes it as hard as they can and the toothpaste shoots out everywhere. Except the toothpaste is coming out of the most sensitive part of your body and it feels awesome."
11. "Think back to the time when you had to pee really bad. Like, a road trip when you realized you had to go but had to wait an hour to get to the next rest stop. And you finally manage to find a bathroom. Remember that sense of relief. Now multiply that by 1,000." —Brian, 27
12. "It's like eating your favorite food, except you're doing it with your penis."
13. "Like when it's a really hot day and then you walk into a department store and the air conditioning hits you. It's that very first split-second, but over several seconds."
14. "That feeling you get when you crack your knuckles, except all over your whole body." —Alex, 25
15. "I don't know. It sort of feels like when you get a cast off after having it on for a long time. Like, how right afterward, your arm feels really weird but really good? It's that but, like, more intense. Like, it's that feeling but it's so good you can't handle it." —Zach, 25
16. "I don't know. I don't even know where to begin." —Tyler, 23
17. "There's this buildup right before, like getting to the top of a roller coaster. And then you sort of get that feeling like when you hit the drop after, but tingling. —Stan, 26
18. "It's so hard to describe because your brain shuts off. It's all physical pleasure and I don't even think I have the awareness to describe it." —Brendan, 28
19. "Like your wiener is made of cotton candy. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's the first thing I thought of. I'm just going with my gut." —Noah, 26
20. "It's like when you go from the Jacuzzi to the freezing pool and then back to the Jacuzzi." —Curt, 28
Answers have been lightly edited for clarity.