Here's a Definitive Timeline of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas's Relationship
This summer romance escalated at lightening speed!
ICYMI, the couple of the year managed to send the whole world into a frenzy this morning. Yes, Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are allegedly engaged, and we can't even...
Their relationship came out of nowhere just a couple of months ago, and now, they've become one of those couples that has the entire world's rapt attention. Considering how cute and in-love they look, we're not surprised.
Now that they seem to have put a ring on it (according to this director's cryptic tweet), let's take a look at all the milestones that they marked ever since the two names started being used in a single sentence!
1. Nick and Priyanka attended the Met Gala in 2017 together as "friends," but their chemistry didn't escape the attentive eyes of fans worldwide. In conversation with Jimmy Kimmel, Priyanka confirmed that they attended the event as friends: "We were both wearing Ralph Lauren, and we decided to go together, and it was fun."
2. Cut to one year later, and Us Weekly reported that Priyanka and Nick attended the Beauty and the Beast Live concert at the Hollywood Bowl. "They walked in together just before the performance was starting, they looked great together, but no hand-holding or obvious PDA," an eye witness said. "The two were seen heading to the concessions stand during intermission before returning to their seats to finish taking in the show. They snuck out right as the show was ending."
3. PeeCee and Jonas were spotted entering a stadium to watch the Dodgers baseball game in LA. An onlooker told Us Weekly: "They weren’t trying to be private as they were in a pretty public place, but they were talking to people around them, sitting closely and they both just seemed super happy."
4. Pictures of the two hanging out on a yacht with some friends, and spending the Memorial Day weekend together started doing the rounds of the Internet. And Us Weekly confirmed the news that Nick and Priyanka are officially a couple, with a source saying, "They are dating and it’s brand new. It’s a good match and they are both interested in each other."
5. While people on social media platforms were engrossed with dialogues about this alleged new couple in town, Nick and Priyanka were using the same platform to communicate with each other without any inhibitions. Nick complimented Priyanka's smile on one of her Insta posts, and Priyanka left a heart and a fire emoticon on one of the Nick's pictures. Collective awww!
6. Nick and Priyanka were then spotted at JFK airport in New York City holding matching Starbucks coffees and leaving for Nick's cousin's wedding. The boy officially introduced his girl to his folks, and what is better than a fam wedding to do just that? Plus, did you see how adorably-in-love they looked in the pictures from the wedding?
7. OMG! Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas were spotted in Mumbai wearing identical promise bands— and everybody was convinced that she's in for the long run. Not only did Priyanka introduce Jonas to her family (through a dinner and a Goan vacation FYI), she even took him as her plus one to Akash Ambani's engagement ceremony.
8. Defying all stereotypes and hate on social media, Priyanka and Nick Jonas were going strong AF with their relationship and made it sort of Instagram official when Nick posted her picture on his 'gram stories and captioned it "her" followed by a love-struck emoji. This was followed by Priyanka terming Nick as one of her "favourite men". And just like that, we, too, fell in love...
9. Priyanka accompanied Nick to his concert in Brazil and not only did she spend the entire time cheering for him like a proud girlfriend, she even posted a video of him on her Instagram Stories. That caption tho!
10. PeeCee and Nick rang in the Fourth of July in America by heading out on a (pretty cool, may we add) cycling double-date with Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner.
11. Nick planned a big surprise for his girl for her birthday, which kicked off a day before as the duo was spotted dining with Joe and Sophie at the 34 Mayfair in London, before leaving for the Ritz Casino for the night. Priyanka posted pictures from her low-key and intimate dinner celeb the next day, melting us into a ball of mush. So simple, yet so romantic.
12. Cut to July 26, when Ali Abbas Zafar hinted to the world that Priyanka would dropping out of his film because the couple may be engaged and ready to take the next step. People news reported that the pair made it official after just two months of dating, and Nick popped the question with a Tiffany & Co. engagement ring that he procured in London earlier this month. And yes, apparently he "shut down" the entire store to buy it.
Another wedding on the cards? We're all up for it! *cries in a corner*