Caviar as we know it is a decadent ingredient in the meals of the rich and famous. So why does everyone want to slather it on their face? There is scientific evidence that caviar can slow down the ageing process and miraculously benefit your skin.
Viren Sawhney, Founding Partner of LR Wonder Company India, an offshoot of the Italy-based skincare brand LR Wonder Company, that uses caviar in a range of its products says, “as our skin is made up of amino acids and proteins, it immediately and effectively absorbs caviar, also rich in the same, and gives a supple, smooth and more radiant appearance. Additionally, caviar is a strong antioxidant that strengthens skin and also helps to produce collagen due to the fact that its cellular structure is very similar to that of human skin.” He further lists out the different benefits that you can get from using caviar on your skin.[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/CAiCauqJROp/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading[/instagram]
1) Caviar, a marine element, is rich in nutrients that increase the skins strength by improving elasticity and preventing the erosion of tissues.
2) Caviar also helps to produce collagen due to the fact that its cellular structure is very similar to that of human skin. Collagen is the crucial protein responsible for the skins vitality and youthfulness. “As skin ageing is a result of the breakdown of collagen, the increase in collagen helps fight the ageing process,” adds Viren.
3) Like most marine life, caviar is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which forms a protective layer on the skin that gives the skin a glowing appearance. The skin softens and acquires a veil of silkiness.
4) Caviar extract is rich in vitamins A, D, B1, B2, B6 and microelements Co, Cu, P, Si, Zn as well as amino acids such as glycine, lysine, histidine, arginine and asparagine. These ingredients intensify cellular processes and slow down the ageing process by moisturising and nourishing the skin.
5) If used consistently, in time Caviar guarantees a lifting and firm effect by virtue of its properties. “The caviar vitelline, a mixture of phosphoproteins and phospholipids is highly beneficial for the body’s epithelial cells, arginine responsible for stimulating the production of collagen, leucine which stimulates protein synthesis, threonine which forms collagen and elastin, and lysine which contributes to the metabolism of fatty acids and cell repair,” says Viren.
In a nutshell, caviar-based treatments regenerate, hydrate, repair and improve the elasticity of the skin and counteract the appearance of the external signs of ageing.
What is the best way to include caviar in your daily routine?
You can include a number of caviar-infused beauty products in your day-to-day routine. “It is suitable for use in the morning to protect against UVA and UVB rays as well as against daily pollutants and external agents. It is also excellent for use in the evening to nourish the skin while it is in its rest cycle,” suggests Viren.
Thanks to its fast acting visible effects, it is also an excellent make-up base to apply before leaving home. Face creams (day and night), masks, serums, anti-wrinkle treatments and eye cream products containing caviar are all ideal for regular use. Loaded with raw potential, Caviar provides the building blocks for skin cells to function optimally.