Alia Bhatt’s Wedding Make-up Look Decoded
A step-by-step guide on achieving the actor’s bridal look by celebrity MUA Ashima Kapoor.
From the first photographs that were shared by Alia on the 'gram, it was evident that there was something quite different about her sublime ivory outfit, a fresh take on a traditional bridal look that was perfect for a summer wedding. Alia's muted make-up look complemented her ivory and golden sari and was a departure from the classic bridal look we have witnessed for years— heavily-kohled eyes with snatched features, and a bold lip.
The key to this look is focusing on achieving skin that is plump and hydrated. Ensure that you include hydrating products with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid. Celebrity MUA, Ashima Kapoor tells Cosmo India, “it is important to work on your skin before the big day, make sure you practice your skincare routine diligently.”
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, ₹1,850, available at https://www.boddess.com/
Clinique Moisture Surge 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator, ₹1,800, available at https://www.nykaa.com
The Kalank actor’s bridal make-up was by celebrity MUA Puneet B Saini, who kept the base natural, allowing her freckles to peek through. "Alia has got gorgeous skin, which looks amazing when her natural glow is enhanced,” Ashima adds.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to cop her fresh-faced look.
1. The key to acing a clean look is all about preparing your base. Ashima suggests beginning with a rich, emollient moisturiser. Massage it gently and follow up with a serum-based primer to hydrate the skin.
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil, ₹3,450, available at https://www.nykaa.com
2. Spot conceal any pigmented areas and only where it is necessary. Take the less-is-more approach, and make sure you use a damp sponge to blend your concealer and foundation seamlessly. Tip: skip the matte variant and opt for a dewy foundation for minimal coverage.
Bobbi Brown Skin Concealer Stick, ₹2,850, available at https://www.nykaa.com
3. Set your base lightly with a translucent powder to ensure your base doesn't budge. Ashima shares, "Alia's eyes had slight dimension provided by softly blending a light contour shade on her eyelids." Take your bronzer and with soft, sweeping motions, apply the bronzer to your lids using a fluffy, blending brush.
Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer Mini, ₹1,630, available at https://www.nykaa.com
4. Ashima adds, "use a thin black kohl pencil that's smudge-proof for fewer touch-ups and apply it on your waterline.” Ditch your falsies for the occasion and “add light coats of mascara to lengthen your lashes" suggests Ashima. Don't forget the brows, they make or break your look—softly, fill in the sparse gaps and set them in place with a clear brow gel.
M.A.C In Extreme Dimension 24hr Kajal Eye Liner - Black, ₹675, available at https://www.nykaa.com
5. To add some warmth to your face, Ashima suggests using a soft, coral pink blush on the tops of your cheeks. “This will not only add a flush of colour but at the same time make your cheekbones look sharp. Pull the blush to your temples for a lifted effect.”
Forest Essentials, Gulaabi Noor Nikhaar Cheek Tint, ₹1,350, available at https://www.forestessentialsindia.com/
6. Complete the look by "preparing your lips with a lip conditioner and using a lip shade that is close to the natural colour of your lips" says Ashima. Lastly, add a small bindi to bring your look together.
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution - Catwalking, ₹3,150, available at https://www.nykaa.com