Amy Poehler, along with her Sisters co-writer/star come best friend Tina Fey, has become something of a hero to us in recent years. It all started with the creation of Mean Girls; anyone who can come up with a film with that many catchphrases quite frankly deserves a knighthood.
But it's not only that. She's funny, powerful, self-assured and not willing to be anything but herself. She's living her best life, and we could all take a lesson or two from her. Like these ones...
1. Be yourself
2. Crying is a beautiful thing to do
3. Don't worry about what others think
4. Be your own best friend
5. Know yourself
6. Don't take no shit
7. You don't owe anybody ANYTHING
8. Assertiveness is totes sexy
9. Learn how to hit where it hurts
10. Cry with sadness AND laughter
11. Remember you will bounce back
12. And most importantly...
You've got life sorted, Amy Poehler.
Follow Cat on Twitter.