Every time sugar cravings strike, you wish you could dig into desserts that make you feel good about bingeing. Well, there are desserts that you can indulge in without the guilt. No, it isn’t a myth. These two oatmeal desserts sneak in whole grains to your diet and are packed with fibre that keep you feeling full for longer. So next time you see oats, don’t just pour them into your breakfast bowl but make these delicious desserts instead and store them in the fridge. Prep up for those sugar cravings that show up at odd hours.
Oats Panacotta with Strawberry
40g Fresh cream
1) Boil fresh cream and milk together in a pan.
2)Soak gelatin in cold water.
3)Add soaked gelatin into oats mixture and pour in desired moulds.
4) Keep it in the freezer for an hour and serve cold.
5g Baking powder
A pinch of salt
5g Cocoa powder
1) Mix the butter and sugar together till the texture gets fluffier.
2) Add honey gradually in between.
3)After getting a fluffy texture, add flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder into it.
4)Fold it with hands and then keep the mixture in the freezer for an hour.
5) Divide the dough into round balls, flatten it and bake at 165°C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Recipes by Sanjay Mathur, Executive Chef, The Gateway Resort Damdama Lake, Gurugram, Haryana.