Why is it that SO MANY people in relationships assume people are single because there is something fundamentally wrong with them? For many, ridin' solo is a choice. After all, being IAR isn't the be all and end all of existence. Here, 11 single people share the things they are most sick of hearing.
1. There's someone for everyone.
2. "When are you gonna meet someone?" I much prefer it happen on its own without "trying" for it.
3. Guys telling me "I don't understand why you're single." I know it is meant as a compliment but it just makes me mad. I am single because I want to be, and that makes it sound like I haven't been blessed enough to be picked by some guy.
4. "You'll meet the right person one day." What if i wanna die alone tho? Go away.
5. "Maybe if you just put yourself out there, you wouldn't be so lonely." Im sorry, who says I'm lonely?
6. "You'd be a great boyfriend."
7. "Let me hook you up with my coworker." I want to be single, people. I'm enjoying this freedom. My life is solely focused on me and it's great.
8. "Oh you and ____ would look so cute together".
9. "Plenty of fish in the sea."
10. "You haven't met anyone yet?" "No, not yet." "Oh.....well that's ok!" Yeah, I know?
11. "How come you are single? You are so beautiful." Exactly, I don't want to date someone just because they think I am beautiful...