5 Expert-Approved Ways to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
You gotta love bags...but not bags under your eyes! Everything you need to know and 5 more SOS remedies to rescue your peepers (You can thank us later.)
Been sleeping in late lately? Yes, we can see it on your face! And trust me nobody wants to. Puffy, baggy, tired eyes are not particularly attractive and can totally ruin your look. Contrary to popular belief, besides excessive crying cause you're having boy problems or lack of sleep due to late night shenanigans, high consumption of salt, genetic causes and allergies may also lead to this unwanted problem. You sure have a million things running across your mind, and we don't blame you for it, but you must make sure they don't reflect on that beautiful face of yours.
Tired, puffy eyes are the first warning sign of inner stress showing up, and trust me you don’t want them to spoil your photo op with your girl gang, do you? This is why skincare experts and cosmetic dermatologists including Dr Simal Soin, Aayna Clinic, Dr Jaishree Sharad, Celebrity Cosmetic Dermatologist, and Dr Rinky Kapoor, Cosmetic Dermatologist, share with you some expert tips to get rid of those bags.
TRY 'EM TREATMENTS
Consult your dermat and prepare a timeline for treatments like laser, dermal fillers and face facials, which must only be performed by professionals. Lasers and fillers help tighten the skin, repair the broken blood vessels and improve blood flow, thereby reducing puffiness and lightening the skin. If you suffer from pigmentation under the eyes, a few sessions of pigment reduction laser and/or under eye fillers can solve the problem. Occasionally, a few sessions of under-eye peels or mesotherapy may be adequate to treat the problem. At AAYNA Clinic, they recommend treatments like 'Exilis Elite' and 'The Wonder Eye', in order to banish puffy eyes. However, remember that your doc will determine the treatment that is required in your case!
(EYE) SEE THE SERUM
It’s high time you invest in some good under-eye creams and serums, suited for your skin-type. They deliver some essential minerals to the under-eye, and consequently reduce puffiness.
YOU GOTTA GET THAT BEAUTY SLEEP
Probably the simplest and most important cure- HIT THE BED ON TIME! A good 7-8 hour night’s sleep is highllllly recommended (I literally cannot stress enough). Sleep on your back or stuff a few pillows under your head to avoid fluid accumulation around your eye area and also to avoid constriction of blood vessels in your face.
GET RID OFF THAT CAFFEINE
Reducing intake of caffeine 6 hours before bedtime, and limiting your consumption of alcohol is helpful too. Dehydration commonly causes the problem, whether you’re not drinking enough water or you’re drinking alcohol and caffeine in excess. So if want to rid yourself of the prob, you gotta curb your sugary needs ASAP.
EAT YOUR A's, C's, E's and K's
You must consider cutting down on that excessive salt intake in your diet. Instead, have foods rich in Vitamin A, C, E and K to keep the skin under the eyes smooth and young.
Despite all these tips and tricks, if you still wake up with a cushiony bag under your big, beautiful eyes, here’s what you should do…
1. Use a cold compress: Apply some cool cucumber slices on your eyes and let them sit for 10 minutes. The flavonoids, Vitamin C and antioxidants in cucumber will refresh the eyes and will reduce puffiness. Even your most-reliable salon girl will recommend this fix in a crisis.
2. Get a potato pouch: Grate a potato and wrap the shavings in a muslin bag. Let the bag sit over your eyes for a good 10 minutes, and let the potato do it’s work.
3. Drink up: Hydration is key to revive tired skin. The better hydrated you are, the lesser chances of water retention under the eyes.
4. A cool spoon: If nothing else is available, simply place a spoon in the freezer the night before, and apply it on your eyes the next morning. The coolness from the spoon will tighten the skin and will reduce puffiness.
5. Take a chill pill: Most of all, you gotta calm down yo! Meditate, even if it is just for 30 minutes. Stress can be blamed for most of our problems, this being a primary one.
A combination of modern science treatments and home remedies for the win!