This year's Met Gala has been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, but that's no excuse for us not to share a story about all the awkward moments that have taken place at the annual fashion event over the years.
From Kylie Jenner looking outrageously bored sitting next to Ryan Reynold's in 2017 to Jay Z and Solange's bust up in 2014, let's look back at some of the most awkward moments to ever happen at Met Balls gone by.
1. When Kylie Jenner couldn't have looked less interested in Ryan Reynolds, 2017
The best moment from the 2017 ceremony has got to be when pictures emerged of Kylie Jenner looking very, very bored next to Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively during dinner. Not enjoying the power couple trolling each other, Ky?
2. When Jay-Z and Solange Knowles had a bust up in a lift, 2014
Yep. *That* infamous life fight, which Jay-Z and Beyonce's dad have since confirmed was about rumours the rapper had cheated on Beyonce, was at a Met Gala afterparty in 2014.
3. When Rihanna's dress launched a thousand memes, 2015
You can always rely on Rihanna to make a statement with her dress. Albeit it a cheese and tomato-y statement that sparks all the memes.
4. When Hayden Panettiere fell down the stairs on the red carpet, 2014
Just before this photo was taken, the Heroes star slipped down the Met Gala stairs and ended up on the floor. Oops!
5. When someone streaked down the red carpet, 2014
Renowned Ukrainian prankster Vitalii Sediuk streaked down the red carpet in 2014 wearing a gold chain and a pink mankini. We imagine this went down as badly as some of these acceptance speeches..
6. When Rihanna shaded everyone for not taking the theme seriously, 2017
Each year the Met Gala adopts a high fashion theme, and in 2017, Rihanna threw subtle shade at everyone who didn't take it seriously. The theme was 'Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between', and while Rihanna took the theme seriously with her flawless ensemble, many celebrities opted for more plain outfits.
Buzzfeed reported Rihanna threw expert levels of shade at everyone else on the night by liking a meme on Instagram that began circling the internet during the evening, poking fun at how boring most of the evening's looks were.
7. When Reese Witherspoon couldn't pronounce Cara Delevingne's last name, 2014
Cara shared a hilarious clip from 2014 on her Met Gala, which showed a seemingly drunk Reese Witherspoon, Zoey Deschanel and Kate Upton attempting to pronounce her last name. Oops.
8. When Jennifer Lawrence photobombed Sarah Jessica Parker, 2013
Despite not *actually* knowing each other, Jennifer Lawrence crashed Sarah Jessica Parker's photo opportunity by holding onto her headpiece, and the result was hilarious.
9. When Bella Hadid walked the same catwalk as ex The Weeknd and Selena Gomez, 2017
At the 2016 Met Gala, The Weeknd and Bella Hadid looked loved up and cute as they walked the red carpet together. Come 2017, The Weeknd and new girlfriend (now ex) Selena Gomez took centre stage following his split from Bella, while the model took her mum Yolanda Hadid as her date instead.
10. When Jaden Smith brought his old hair as his date, 2017
Speaking to US Vogue's André Leon about his unusual look on the night, Jaden explained: "I've gone for the Dracula look today. And since I couldn't bring my sister as a date, I brought my old hair."
11. When Jenni Konner, Lena Dunham, and Joe Jonas wore the same outfit, 2017
What better way to celebrate turning up wearing the same outfit as two other celebrities than posing for a pic all together? Amazing.
12. When you felt like you'd seen Kendall and Kylie's lewks before, 2019