When it comes to Valentine’s Day festivities, figuring out the perfect gift for your dude is about as hard as matching your eyeliner thickness on both sides—especially considering the only thing they swear by are the million white tees they have hanging in their closet plus 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
But ladies, don’t sweat it: Men really aren’t all that hard to please. I mean, while you’re stressing about what to give them, they’re probably googling how many months they can go without washing their sheets (might we suggest some new fitted sheets for V-Day?).
To take the burden off you and finding the gift that will literally knock his socks off (hopefully during sex), here’s what 10 dudes had to say about what they’d love for Valentine’s Day this year. Oh, and obviously, sex is included here because...well, sex.
1. “Taylor Swift tickets. Obviously.” —Stephen, 33
2. “A nice romantic date to a fondue restaurant because I love food. Then maybe a movie, and later, a surprise of her wearing some new lingerie. That’d be the perfect date and present!” —Mason, 27
3. “Honestly, I prefer something simple, like chocolates or going to our favorite restaurant. Or...a corgi.” —Alex, 29
4. “In general, I like getting gifts that maybe I’ve mentioned I needed in the past. Little things like, ‘Oh, I really wish I had that tool (or appliance or whatever it may be), it would make this so much easier.’ Then, a few months later, BAM! I get it. It shows me they’re listening, and I try to do the same thing and keep a running list for my family and lady.” —Stephen, 24
5. “I’m the worst at receiving gifts, so whenever I do get one or asked about one, I like to keep it so simple. Literally, I’d be cool with, like, a pizza or maybe a T-shirt of my favorite baseball team. Also, I’m never mad about someone going down on me either….” —Nick, 27
6. “ANYTHING handmade. No matter what it is, being handmade makes it something that I greatly appreciate since it took time and thought. I’ve never done it, but I also love the idea of camping on Valentine’s Day. It might be cold, but I think it’d be worth it to have the distance from other people.” —Kevin, 24
7. “Can I preface that I don’t like the holiday? But being honest: oral sex in bed in the morning, a couples run later, and cook a great dinner with my girlfriend or spouse with two bottles of real good wine. Our favorite music playing all night. And close it out with some good sex. Oh, and giving each other massages pre- or post-sex.” —Brendan, 26
8. “I would be happy if my girlfriend cooked me anything wearing just an apron. Literally anything. Well, nothing with onions. Or if she planned the whole day herself—she knows what she wants to do on Valentine’s Day more than I do. So she’d plan the whole day and I’d be a kind, gracious, loving boyfriend all day.” —Sam, 21
9. “We’d stay in bed longer than usual and watch something in the morning, then have some good ol’ sex. We’d get dinner that’s too expensive for either of us but that we really want (probably some nice sushi). Then have a LOT of wine and hang out all night.” — Marshall, 26
10. “My ideal Valentine’s Day is a normal day at work, then we meet up for a cute dinner for which we made our reservation months in advance, get dessert and booze, then go to a place that has a nice view of a cute park. We’d cuddle, chat, eat dessert, drink, and then it would end with getting frisky.” —Kim, 26A